Saturday, November 11, 2006

Double Rainbows, Double Portions


Some of you have may have heard others allude to the rainbow story, but it is far more than just a story. And many of you who do not live in Nashville probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but we feel it is important to share what the Lord is doing. I will warn you, though. This will be a LONG posting.

First off, Maranda and I, along with our church family at Spirit of Life, believe that God still speaks today and speaks to every individual who will take the time to listen. And we believe God spoke a special message to us in the early stages of Maranda’s pregnancy. This message has been spoken to others as well since then, only confirming God’s word to us.

A little after Maranda found out that she was pregnant, Pastor Fran Schaub at our church felt impressed by the Lord that the next pregnancy at the church would be a sign and message from the Lord. God kept telling her that she would receive a phone call about a baby. We already knew that Maranda was pregnant, so we never thought that it would be us.

Around this same time, we were driving home from work. I sometimes make Maranda a little nervous, so she was driving this particular day (which proved to also be of the Lord’s design). It had been raining that day, but the skies had parted. The sun was beginning to shine through. That’s when I noticed a tiny sliver of a rainbow in the clouds.

Something inside me became very, very excited—much like a child would be. “Look, Maranda… a rainbow!” I shouted. She saw it, but she didn’t get as excited as I did. Then, the rainbow began to grow, both in size and intensity. I became ecstatic! “Wow! Look!” I cried as I kept repositioning myself to see it better. Soon, a full rainbow was spanning the sky. It was so bright that it looked electric, as if God had plugged it directly into a light socket.

I was unglued at this point. But then, above the rainbow, another fainter rainbow began to appear. It also filled in across the sky until we driving right into a full double rainbow! (Much like the one in the picture above that I found from www.gdargaud.net. ) Being such a mighty man of God, I saw no spiritual significance at the time.

It was days later when Maranda told me that God had spoken to her. She said that the Lord was trying to tell me something about the rainbows. Maranda NEVER does this, so when she tells me that God told her something, I pay attention! So I began to think about provision and God’s covenant with us and what else He might have to speak to me.

And there was more. We went for our first doctor’s visit, and we discovered that we were having twins! Things began to make sense. We called Pastor Fran, and she began to laugh and laugh and laugh. And then, I began to laugh and laugh and laugh. She told me, “This is it! This is it, Alan! This is what God has been telling me about… God is speaking to us about a double portion.”

God began to speak mightily about these girls, giving us Isaiah 61:7, which says, “Instead of your shame, you will have a double portion. Instead of your humiliation, you will shout for joy over your portion. Therefore, they will possess a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.”

This all happened sometime in early, early summer. Then in October, a Christian prophet by the name of Kim Clement gave an astounding Word of the Lord as confirmation to us. He said:

"Twins born rapidly through the Nation and through the world shall be a sign of the double portion and the multiplication. The statistics shall be known and factual, and they shall speak about the fact that there are more twins born in these few years, than have ever been born in the history of mankind. This shall be a sign that multiplication has begun," says the Lord. "There will be double rainbows. There will be double births." God says, "It is a time for My people to rejoice for certainly the season of multiplication has begun," says the Lord!

Yes, you are reading that correctly. Double rainbows. Double births. God is doing something, and He is doing something BIG. We are very excited and honored that God has already begun speaking through our children to us. We can only wait and watch what the Lord will do next! ~A

No comments: