Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mom's the Word

Ya-ya (Greek for grandmother and Kim's chosen name) went home last weekend to take care of some things back East, so Maranda is having her first week alone with the girls.

She's been doing great--exhausted, but great nonetheless. She really is wired for this whole motherhood thing. She seems to always know what to do. Maybe she doesn't know, but I could never tell it. There are just small things that the father of twin girls just doesn't feel comfortable doing at first. We might want to help, but nobody can do it like Mom.

We've been trying to feel out the girls a bit more. The pediatric nurse practitioner told us that babies don't manipulate until 4 months of age, but I think we're already seeing it at 3 weeks. They will fuss and cry, but as soon as you pick them up, fast to sleep they go. We thought it was gas, but holding them shouldn't keep them from crying, should it? Other babies I've held with gas pitch a fit and don't stop until the pain goes away.

But maybe I should stop now trying to figure out the female mind. I haven't been successful so far with my wife, so why should I think that I could figure out the female baby brain? (he he)

But I just had to brag on Maranda a little bit. I know she's tired. I know she's constantly going. But she's truly amazing to watch.

Thankfully, Pastor Fran and the ladies at Spirit of Life Church have been helping out a lot. They cook us meals every other day, and now they plan on helping Maranda around the house and with Madelyn and Maleah while our families are not able to stay with us.

Hopefully Nanny will be coming soon. We expect her to be fully healed soon, so thank you to all of you intercessors who prayed for her. Keep it up!

More baby pictures soon! ~A

2 comments:

michellemitch said...

Tell Maranda "great job" for me :)

Helen said...

Hi...Maranda/Alan...the girls are just beautiful!!! God has truly blessed you both. I can't wait to hold each one of them and love on them too. They are the"MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN THE WORLD". Enjoy them while you can cause they will grow up really fast. Maranda if you need any help at all please give me a call. I would love to help. I'm only a phone call a way. We love you both and miss you.
Love,
Helen/Gary Kepple