Monday, September 25, 2006

Getting Stronger

I finally got to feel the babies yesterday! Up until now, Maranda has been having all of the fun, getting to feel the little ones play around in there. Well, I’m sure it’s not always fun, especially since one of them seems to be quite the kicker.

But finally, when Maranda was sitting on the couch, one of the girls seems a little riled up. She asked me to come over and to see if I could feel it, and sure enough, she gave one big push against my palm. It’s not what I expected. I thought that the kicks would be sharper and quicker, but this one pushed outward slowly. It was really neat. Maybe she was stretching more than kicking. Either way, I am just glad that I get to finally feel my babies instead of having to ask all of the time if they are moving or not.

It’s still pretty early for me to be able to feel them. The readings we have say that fathers usually feel the babies around 28 weeks, but we are only at week 23! We still have a while to go, but for those of you who want to know… the babies are probably about 1.5 lbs each now. ~A

No comments: